When it comes to moving out, you don’t want to add any further stress to the entire process. Moving is one of the most stressful things we go through during our lives, but we’re here to make things a little easier for you.
At Greenwood, we’ve put together a Top Ten Tips List for you when it comes to moving out of your property and into your new home.
Top ten tips for moving:
Choosing a well rated and professional company to deal with furniture removalists is crucial as you would not want them to damage or worse, lose your goods. KT Moller Removals is one we recommend as they provide secure, efficient and quality removals and understand the importance of reliable services to safely transport items of all sizes and descriptions to its destination. KT Moller Removals mainly focus on the Brisbane and Perth areas.
- Ask your removals company about packing materials and what they can provide you with.
- Ask your chosen removals company for a price for packing valuable or fragile items. This can save time and can reduce stress for you.
- Let everyone know your new address, you don’t want Christmas cards turning up at your old address. Or arrange a redirection service with your post office.
- Ask about insurance cover your removals company offers, moving home can be a risky business and you want to make sure you have covered in place.
- Put essential items, like the kettle, cups, breakfast cereal, children’s favorite toys in a separate box, so you can find them easily when you reach your new home. Order a takeaway that evening so that you don’t have to think about cooking for everyone.
Moving Checklist | Real Simple
- Ask the family if they can help out with children on the day of moving so you are free to organise your new home, whilst the loading is being done.
- Be aware of the weather, try and make sure paths are cleared of snow and ice and gritted if possible to ensure your removals team can work safely.
- Arrange an early start time if possible, as the nights are drawing in, it is better to be in your new property as soon as possible.